THE NATIONAL - Trouble Will Find Me (2013), listen #2

There are times I kind of regret the decision to make my National reactions "immediate reactions" to each listen.  On the plus side you get unfiltered thoughts, which I guess prevents overthinking and overwriting everything.  On the minus side, well, there's way too often that I don't have anything intelligent to say.  My second listen to Trouble Will Find Me is one of those times.  I didn't get all that much out of the record this time, and it hasn't clicked yet as a whole quite the way I hoped it would.  To be clear, this does not mean that I don't still like the record.  My impressions remain positive.  This post is in fact going to end with a list of things I liked.  I simply can't say that much clicked on a deep level here.  Maybe I was distracted.  Maybe the hooks just aren't tight enough for the record to live up to its early promise.  Or maybe it just needs more listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B-FEST 2024: Just remember - don't do drugs, because B-Fest may just rip your face off

ELUVEITIE - Spirit (2006)

ELUVEITIE - Slania (2008)